Sunday, December 6, 2009

Pizza, Pizza!


Recently, I decided to take a break from my reporting duties and have lunch at the local Round Table Pizza at 4523 Mission St. Dining there brought back memories of when my family would order out from there when I was a child. In fact, Round Table played a big part in my childhood because it was the first pizza I ever tried. I’m not afraid to admit that back then, I was a picky eater. But, as funny as it may sound, Round Table helped me understand the importance of eating vegetables like tomatoes and peppers. To this day, I’m happy to say that it’s still one of my favorite restaurants to eat at for lunch, dinner, or even a snack.

Until recently, I never ate inside the restaurant. When I would make quick trips to Excelsior with my family, I use to walk by it a few times, so you can say that was about as close as I got to it. Even during recent trips to the neighborhood, I’ve passed by and wondered what it looks like inside. As you can see, the building isn’t big and flashy. Instead, it’s small but inside, it looks completely simple.

One of my favorite memories of Round Table was going to other restaurants and playing video games after eating. But Excelsior’s restaurant doesn’t offer any to play, which isn’t a big deal to me at all. It does, however, have vending machines for kids that offer stickers of their favorite television characters like Hannah Montana and Pokémon as well as toys such as bouncy balls, all for just $0.25. Although there are only about three or four booths, they look like they could fit about a total of six to eight people, three or four on each side.


When I stopped by for lunch that day, I ordered my favorite: a personal vegetarian pizza (four slices) with a can of Sierra Mist. The pizza that day, as has been the case before, was delicious and reminded me of how much I enjoyed eating it as a child. There were not many people there but it really didn’t matter because I was looking forward to eating some good pizza.

While I was eating, I thought a little about how fast time has gone by and the fact that Christmas vacation is right around the corner. Speaking of Christmas, the restaurant was already getting into the Christmas spirit as they had lights hung up. In fact, their radio station was playing popular Christmas songs, including “Christmas Time is Here” from “A Charlie Brown Christmas.” I also thought about how not only the year 2009 is almost over, but also how 2010 is about to begin. It’s moments like these that make me not only thankful for everything that has happened throughout my life, but just for the fact that I’m able to live life to its fullest.

If anybody is looking for a nice dining experience, try Round Table Pizza in the Excelsior District. Like I said, it’s not the biggest and fanciest restaurant in the neighborhood, but the food is very good. Also, it’s a nice place to just hang out and relax if you have free time.

Don’t forget that you can have all you can eat with their famous lunch buffet for only $6.99!

No comments:

Post a Comment